A dinner date with the Queen??


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 22nd 2005
Published: October 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

arrived in England on the 22nd sept from New York...so jet lagged!
Got picked up from Heathrow by Nikki (thanks!!)

Went and checked out Windsor castle, hoping that we might run into the queen and get invited up for tea and scones...unfortunately for us it didnt happen (apparently she was at buckingham palace) but we did get a few tips on how to pick up Prince William!

Checked out Buckingham Palace, the Big Ben and Leciester Square, with tour guide Russ...got a few ideas on how to jump the wall of the palace and go visit the queen, but decided against it, for the time being....

Went wondering by myself another day and tried to find the London Bridge (or is it the London tower? i cant remember...) but never did find it...I still dont know what went wrong there...



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Windsor CastleWindsor Castle
Windsor Castle

Hi Elizabeth!!
Nikki and INikki and I
Nikki and I

practising our greeting the Queen smiles!
The ever watchful guardThe ever watchful guard
The ever watchful guard

these guys are mint...but what a boring job!
Buckingham PalaceBuckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace

Hi Elizabeth!
an english sunsetan english sunset
an english sunset

I didnt think england got nice sunsets, but this one was pretty decent!
where to now?where to now?
where to now?

so many choices!
The Globe TheatreThe Globe Theatre
The Globe Theatre

this is where Shakespeare read his plays, though i dont think this is the original site.


26th October 2005

Hehe
The "stuff" in the photo with Big Ben are the houses of parliament (government stuff) and the river Thames. The Globe Theatre burned down and was rebuilt on the same spot, and Big Ben is actually the bell in the clock, not the clock itself but not many people know that :)
27th October 2005

thanks!
as you can tell my knowledge of what is what isnt very good!

Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb