Paris and Normandy


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 27th 2005
Published: October 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

excusez-moi madame/monsiuer parlez-vous anglais?

hows that for a bit of French! excellent! I learnt this phrase on the train over to Paris, and had to put it into use a few times!

Anna and I jumped across the channel into France for a week. Spent 4 nights in Paris, checking out the sites during the day. Some wicked things to see.
The first day there, we checked out the Louvre...got a sneaky picture of the Mona Lisa...oh what a bad ass! From there we went and found the Catacombs. I would recommend seeing this if you're ever in Paris and looking for something on the 'weird' side to do. The catacombs is this underground tunnel thing which is 1.7kms long, and is filled with 6 million human bones, which had been exhumed from Parisian cemetaries about 200 years ago. It was very eerie, but so cool!
From there we went to the Cathedral Notre Dame. The architecture of this place is amazing, and its so big!
And in true carina and anna style our last stop of the day was a little chocolate shop (andrea and fiona - we did it for you!)

Our second day in Paris saw us climbing, thats right CLIMBING!!, the Effiel tower. the view from the top was choice! we moved to a B&B for the last 2 nights in Paris...how dodgy was this place! we still cant work out if it was some sort of refugee, or half way house or something! it was weird!

During our last day in Paris we checked out this huge cemetary (in keeping with the dead people theme!) and visited the graves of Jim Morrison, Chopin, Oscar Wilde, George Seurat and heaps of others. The size of some of the tombs there are as big as a small house, its amazing to think of the amount of money people spend on there dearly beloved!

After our 3 days in Paris we caught the train north into Normandy and went and stayed with Annas great aunty and uncle.
Normandy is so beautiful... we checked out heaps of old chateaux etc some had been taken over by William the Conqueror back in the days.
The most amazing place ever was Mont Saint Michel which is a huge abbey built on an island. We spent the morning there, before heading off for some more sight seeing.
Me and the Louvre!Me and the Louvre!Me and the Louvre!

i dont really get the glass pyramid thing, but it looks cool!

Headed back to England on the 4th after an amazing week in France.
Meet up with Daisy for dinner in London (so cool to see you daisy!!), and then jetted off to Holland the following morning...


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

shhh...dont tell!shhh...dont tell!
shhh...dont tell!

the mona lisa - the forbidden photo!
the catacombs 2the catacombs 2
the catacombs 2

its weird and freaky yet at the same time its cool!
hello mr skull!"hello mr skull!"
hello mr skull!"

its weird and freaky yet at the same time its cool!
stained glass windowstained glass window
stained glass window

the inside of the cathedral was amazing, but hard to photogragh cos its so big, and dark, inside
the gargoulesthe gargoules
the gargoules

how the heck do u spell gargoules??
the back of notre damethe back of notre dame
the back of notre dame

i thought that the back of the cathedral was heaps nice than the front...especially with all the pretty flowers!


26th October 2005

Unspecified title
Gargoyle. hmmmmm... have a sudden craving for chocolate [hope you got some belgium ones - they are the best - better than the swiss choc i say]
21st October 2006

Thankyou
Thankyou, from my son he needed a photo for his homework. He thinks it is a excellent photo.

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb