Vegas to Washington DC


Advertisement
Published: August 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hellloooo from a very rainy Washington DC!
We arrived last night after a four hour plane ride, I managed to score a whole row of exit seats to myself which meant I had a good three hours sleep!
It's amazing what a three hour time difference will do to the body, who knew it would be so significant, I really struggled to sleep last night, especially because Vegas time meant that we weren't in bed until 3am most nights.
Vegas was so much fun, yesterday we went out to see the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign and took a few quick snaps, people hang about down there offering to take your picture and you tip them for doing so.
The night before, Jess and I had a very delicious Caesar at Caesars Palace at approx 1.30am, then headed to Pure Nightclub, which I have to say was pretty average, it was still so hot, even at 2am and there is absolutely no where to sit down, unless of course you can sweet talk the bouncer to let you sit in the VIP area, lucky for me, Jess was able to do so.
We had spent the day walking around some of the casinos, checking out Treasure Island, New York New York, Excalibur, The Luxor, MGM Grand and The Venetian.. my favourite would have had to be New York New York, it was so much fun and I had the most delicious ice cream of my life from Hagen Daus (maybe? not sure how that one is spelt).
Vegas was a mix of sleeping in until lunch time, sight seeing, casino hopping and gambling. Suprisingly we didn't drink much at all and the only time we saw the pool was on the first day while waiting for our room, and we didn't even get in!
The 45+ degree heat certainly took the wind out of all of us by the end of the day and I think I kept many bottled-water companies in business during my stay.
So, we're off on a hop-on-hop-off tour of Washington DC today, we only have today to see all the sights and the tour will take us to over 20 locations and includes a cruise on river as well, docking in Virginia!
Well best be off, only a quick one to let everyone know we are all alive and well.
Off to New York at 10am tomorrow and I am so excited, I think it's the leg of the trip that Sam and I have been most excited for and of course we cannot wait to see the wonderful sister, Alissa on Wednesday!
NFL game tomorrow night at the new New York stadium so see the two New York teams play against each other- I have been looking forward to the game for so long, I am definitely going to get kitted out in Jets gear, I've been told that's who we're going for as I have no idea who is who!
Alrighty friends, hopefully will have some exciting things to tell you about Washington tonight, I have a feeling I'll have t use my brain today with so much history!
Adios xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb