Road Bear hits the road


Advertisement
Published: May 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday morning we picked up our home for the next three weeks and hit the road. It is just brilliant!! Has a sofa, banquette dining area, kitchen with fridge and freezer, shower room and a double bed in an electric slide out extension. I might have underestimated the challenge of driving a thirty foot long double wheel base vehicle on the wrong side of the road, but Spencer took to driving like a pro. We picked it up in New Jersey so had to drive back around NYC to head north and the traffic was horrendous with lane changes needed constantly and overtaking on all sides by impatient Yanks. Despite that, we made it to our first nights stop without incident. We stayed in a fairly average campsite in Clinton, Connecticut, chosen for its easy first day distance rather than it's aesthetic appeal.
We visited Mystic, CT, this morning, (very quaint) and are now en route to our second stop off on Newport. I made a promise yesterday to never criticise Spencer's driving ever again, so impressed was I with his skills. Am now pondering the marital pros and cons of broken promises, vs bigging your man up to keep him in the driving seat. It's a toughie. I do love the RV.... We have just stopped for a sandwich and a brew and it is so satisfying, wandering where we will whilst having everything you need right with you. I am like a giant tourist tortoise with my home on my back and the wind at my heels.

Advertisement



11th May 2015

WOW!
That last sentence! You should sell that to RV companies to use in their advertising campaigns!! Brilliant.
12th May 2015

Great Blog!
A delight to read. (We see that tortoises and heels have now become an international theme in your family life). Love, B and R. XX

Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb