We Stayed In One Place Today


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado
July 21st 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.0712, -104.663

This morning, we woke up around 6:30am. The kids had cereal and english muffins for breakfast.

Then G'dad go the bicycles out and took the kids for a bike ride. David was all dressed out in his Batman shirt and cape. Glenn was able to pull the kids all together, with the girls in the yellow trailer and David sitting side saddle on the bars in front and then sitting behind Glenn.

They took turns with just Emily and Lucy in the trailer and then just Lucy by her self. Dad didn't ride too far, just up and down the long drive way and towards the barn. The road out front is gravel. So, they just stayed on the cement.

The morning was very relaxing. The kids ran down to the play area and played there several times. The kids also took the chalk and drew on the cement.

At 11:30am, Dwight and Anne Brown (my old youth director from 1970's) drove in from Colorado Springs to have lunch with us. We had left over Rudy's bar-b-Que and I made two boxes of macaroni and cheese. We sat out on the patio and had our lunch there. The kids were very good as they ate and we adults could carry on a semi good conversation with very little interruptions.

Then at 1pm, Glenn got a ride with Dwight and Anne back into Colorado Springs, and then Dwight drove Glenn to the muffler shop to pick up the van. Glenn stopped by Wal-mart to get some tangerines, bananas and some floaties for the swimming pool tomorrow, while I was home alone with the 3 kids. They played on the swing set for 20 minutes, then we all came into the cabin. Emily went straight to her bed and slept til about 4:30pm when she definitely needed a bath from her poopies. Lucy woke up around 4:00pm and was down in the swing set area when she needed some "private time", and then she needed a bath too. Dirty diaper. Both girls took a shower together.

David read a book on the couch and then came into my bedroom and I let him do some Cake Doodle and then watch a few videos of Thomas the Train on my iPhone. He rested with me. Reminded me when I would take a nap with Gary, 28 years ago.

After they showered, I rolled Emily's hair up again, and little Lucy comes walking up to my chair and backs up to me (wanting her hair to be rolled too).

We had left over bagels and macaroni cheese for supper tonight. Girls are all clean, hair rolled and David has changed into his pj's. They're sitting in G'dad's lap watching Thomas the Train on TV.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Group ShotGroup Shot
Group Shot

We took a shot with just us 4, then Lucy comes up and tuggs on G'dad's legs - wanting to be in the phto


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb