My 5 Favorite Places To Ski in the USA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado
December 19th 2016
Published: December 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The United States offers skiing and snowboarding across the continent from Upstate New York, through Central America onto the West Coast. Many of these are internationally known and can offer luxurious accommodations.

Jackson Hole in the state of Wyoming is often listed in the top position on rankings for best ski and snowboard enthusiasts. It is so popular that most of the named airlines fly to the city without excessive connections. Jackson, the town itself, is picturesque and has recently begun offering better restaurants to compete with other famous ski resorts in the mid-American states. Jackson Hole has not made ski helmets mandatory yet but they are strongly recommended.

Aspen in Colorado is world famous and is known for its perfect intermediate skiing. It has four major ski areas, each with intermediate to high level skiing – Aspen Mountain , Buttermilk, Aspen Highlands and Snowmass. The area is in the famous Colorado Rockies so the scenery is picturesque. Although it's a well-known place, most visitors report that it's not crowded and lifts are always accessible.

Telluride is also in Colorado and is a top destination for skiing and snowboarding due to its larger size than most resort areas. The Telluride Ski Resort's lifts and amenities are modern but the area is known for historic elements from its time as a mining town so it is very picturesque. The terrain offers levels from easy beginner all the way up to black diamond. There are connecting flights throughout the US that will go to Telluride Regional Airport for access to the resort.They are introducing limited night skiing, so be sure to bring ski goggles that are appropriate.

New York State also hosts a swath of ski resorts known mostly to the locals. The Finger Lakes region has become more of a travel destination with word getting out about the “lake effect” snow. It's been listed recently as a top ten ski and snowboard destination. There are several resort areas available, some of which are family friendly, including Bristol Mountain Ski Resort which is a top destination in the region.

Killington in Vermont, also on the East Coast, is a well-known and well visited resort area. It has the largest ski area in the East and also the highest vertical drop and has hosted races for World Cup Skiing. Due to the investment in infrastructure in preparation for World Cup races, Killington Resort can also make enough snow to compete with higher mountains in Europe and the Midwest of America.

The US covers a vast land area and all northern parts of the country offer skiing. These and more are listed as some of the top destinations in the world for skiing and snowboarding. They all have well prepared infrastructure for travelers and accommodate international guests readily. If you are planning to travel for skiing or snowboarding, there is plenty to choose from in the USA.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb