Native American Genocide


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado
January 23rd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

I believe that one of the first genocides was the genocide of Native American, during the year 1492. This started after Christopher Columbus came to the "New Land" and inhabited the land along with some of his companions. At first the Native Americans believed that the people who arrived to their land were sent from their god and they praised them. Everything was at peace at first. However, the Native Americans and the Europeans started fighting for land. Europeans also started to take away the Native Americans resources and values such as gold. The Native Americans were not pleased with their actions so they stopped praising them and fought for what belonged to them. Later, they became enemies and fought each other. Another reason why they fought was because some Europeans were abusing some Native Americans especially the women; they made some into their slaves. The Europeans thought that they would win the land and resources if the got rid of the Native Americans. Therefore, the genocide started. Native Americans got hanged, they got mentally or physically harmed, and they would be separated from their group or tribe. As the number of Native Americans decreased, the number Of Europeans increased. This caused more deaths to Native Americans because the people arriving were carrying deadly diseases that spread around. Not only did this take place in America, but before it was Mexico, there lived Aztecs. However, Hernan Cortes also wanted to take the land and killed them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb