Edit Blog Post
Published: August 9th 2012
We arrived home on the 3rd
. of August after a 5 week stay in the Rockies. I made it a point to travel through Antonito to photograph these buildings. I don’t know what to say as they have rendered me speechless. You decide their purpose. Wish I could have gone on a tour. Here is a list of places (and people) that I wanted to see/ visit but didn’t get to:
1) The world’s smallest skyscraper- Wichita Falls, Tx.
2) Alien gravesite - Aurora, Tx.
3) Combine City (Cadillac Ranch in tractors) - Canyon, Tx
4) VW Ranch (Cadillac Ranch in VWs) - Conway, Tx
5) Route 66 Midpoint – Adrian , Tx
6) Nelson Pruitt. He was in Cortez just before I got there but had to return home. Nelson was the subject of several of my 2009 blogs (which are still posted and are suitable for viewing when you have unwanted visiting friends or relatives).
7) Ernest Wilkinson. A taxidermist/author/ outdoorsman from Monte Vista. His broke his hip and was not able to have visitors when I was in town.
8) Kamp Komfort. From the movie. If you don’t know which
one, I’m not telling. Also a topic of one of my travel blogs.
9) The Shrine of the Immaculate Adopt -A- Mile. If you Google the shrine my youtube video will be at the top of the list. It has only been posted 3 years and already has over 12 views!
Several places that I did get to visit:
1) Picnic Table (from the movie that I’m not going to name).
2) The Maintenance area and “Bone Yard” of a certain National Park in Colorado (travel blog to follow).
3) Animas Forks
4) A bunch of other places, animals and people.
We’ll be right back after this word from our sponsor.
Tot: 2.95s; Tpl: 0.041s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0416s; 2; m:saturn w:www (126.96.36.199); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.4mb