Crosier Mountain (Glen Haven)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado
June 2nd 2006
Published: February 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

In one of the dog-friendly hiking books that folks own, this hike was listed as moderate. Hmmm... Well I suppose it was moderate in a few places, but for the most part, this is a pretty steep and rocky seven mile round trip hike northeast of Rocky Mountain National Park. The first mile or so, I didn't really pay too much attention to the view, as I was paying more attention to my footing on the steep switch-backs. The trail finally levels out and provides nice views of the surrounding hills and the valley that I just powered my way up. This is the "moderate" part of the trail, which travels through several nice aspen groves and provides views of some unique rock formations on the side of the mountain. The trail eventually comes to a t-junction with another trail that heads down to the small town of Glen Haven. At this point, things get difficult again on the way up to the summit. The last half mile of the trip is very steep but provides some nice views once you make it to the top. This was a decent hike, but its too far out of the way and the views weren't unique enough to make me want to go back. Directions: From US 34 in Estes Park, take MacGregor Avenue north. Turn right on Devil's Gulch Road and follow it through Glen Haven. The trailhead is along the side of the road just outside of the town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb