Telluride in 36 hours


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Telluride
June 6th 2006
Published: June 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I found myself in Telluride for the weekend, doing some 'research'. Telluride is one of my favorite places of all times. Since most of my time has been spent during the winter - late spring was a new experience. After 9hours of driving there was no more room at the town camping ground, so up Alta Lakes to over 10,000 feet for some national forest camping up past some old mining ghost town. Random scurring animals and what was thought to be a bear trying to get into the car were heard - after investigating nothing was seen.

Saturday and part of sunday included 'research' along with some brain exploding cold medicine enhanced singlespeed mountain biking.

All too fast it was time to bust back through the 4corners, across the painted desert, through Flagstaff and down the the valley of sun. Note to self - A&W at UTE Mountain Casino is closed on Sundays.

Telluride never gets old. Go there! Stop in Ouray as well.






Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Alta Lakes ViewAlta Lakes View
Alta Lakes View

Subaru at Home on the dirt mountain roads.
Wily loves MtnsWily loves Mtns
Wily loves Mtns

The Wily loves mtn singletrack - gears for me next time.
Can you see the house?Can you see the house?
Can you see the house?

Yes there is an structure in the picture... look closely and up high.
Dogs in SnowDogs in Snow
Dogs in Snow

Annie and Abigail cooling off.
BalloonsBalloons
Balloons

Balloons set for take off. These were the quickest balloon flights since the canyon is so small - minimal places to land.


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.8kb