CurdGasmic


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Madison
May 22nd 2006
Published: May 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

CaptialCaptialCaptial

Farmers Market and Zoe. A women was so impressed that Zoe would pose for me.
From Seattle to Phoenix to Madison this week. Training this coming week in Chicago area, meant time to fly into Madison - visit Zoe and friends - plus be a bit of a tourist in where I once called home.

I arrived in to MSN late, and after upgrading to a Subaru Outback rental car - another driver decided to test the side air bags and see if Subaru's safety claims were true at my disposal. The other driver ran a red light and t-boned me as I was turning left. I am sure her night went worse than mine after she appeared to fail the sobriety test and did a breathalizer.

Saturday started out well with Monty's blue plate, getting Zoe and spending the day hanging with the worlds greatest dog. Madison is known for its farmers market - not to mention fresh Blue Mont Cheese Curds - which zoe gladfully helped sample. Then we were off to sample some of the best dogs parks I know of, and zoe glady went swimming and acted more like a year old dog rather than the 10.5 year old she is.

Since food seems to be a central theme
KrinksKrinksKrinks

Chickens, Rabbits and Popcorn?
of mine, seemed proper to try out the Old Fashion a new addition to Madison's culinary delights. It is wisconsin's finest culinary delights meets high end. 1 hour wait, delivered the best fried cheese curds ever sampled. Gina coined the word "CurdGasmic". Back on the bikes and we were down the bike path to Mickey's which is one of my favorite bars, and now SmokeFree as is all of Madison.

Sunday meant another trip to the dog park and then Zoe and I became SuperFans at the Wheels on Wily Criterium. I knew for sure that being at the race would mean I would run into a lot of friends - good times we had.

No sale racks were harmed in this episode since no shoe/clothes hunting occured - there is always next weekend.

It has been confirmed that Madison is still one of my favorite cities. Right up there with Amsterdam, San Luis Obispo and Portland in not particular order. .




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

BikeKultureBikeKulture
BikeKulture

Madison defines BikeKulture. With 4 major bike related company headquarters based around Madison and of course all the "Urban Outfitters" New Skool Fixie riders.
BeerBeer
Beer

Import: "Out of State" Bud/Budlight falls here. Domestic: "Everything from Wi"
CurdGasmicCurdGasmic
CurdGasmic

A Party in your mouth. Yes, there are indeed varying qualities of fried cheese.
Egg?Egg?
Egg?

A happy kohner before the 'Old Fashion" burger with an egg. Still doesnt top the burger with a Brat on top.
MickeysMickeys
Mickeys

Whats on the bar at Mickeys
ZoeZoe
Zoe

Worn Out.
Super FanSuper Fan
Super Fan

There was a crash, and Zoe got very concerned with the person who hit the deck.


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb