Boulder Day 2: Recovery Required


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
October 5th 2009
Published: October 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hotel BoulderadoHotel BoulderadoHotel Boulderado

Where we stayed for the weekend. Suite 416.
Waiting for the flight back to Columbus tonight at Denver International Airport, at least it's a direct flight back, but we'll be in close to midnight tonight. We had a great weekend but after yesterday, we slept in (relatively speaking) and opened The Cheesecake Factory in Boulder for brunch. We walked Pearl Street a bit and after checking out from the hotel, headed south.

Western Denver


We went through Golden, Colorado which only has about one useful thing in it - the Coors Brewing Company, which was not much to look at. The old town is a bit interesting, but did not appear to be worth the stop. The whole western side of Metro Denver seems to be Mexican, there are just tons and tons of them. We went to Colorado Mills nearby and half the people there were Mexican, maybe more. Not what you expect to see in a place like Denver, but once you think about it, who is going to do the work around here?

Colorado Mills I like most any other Mills center with the added bonus of having a Neiman Marcus Last Call, which seems to have the result of yielding a weak Saks
Pearl Street MallPearl Street MallPearl Street Mall

In Boulder, waiting in front of The Cheesecake Factory for brunch. She was very hungry. As usual. What time is it NOW?
Off 5th nearby. Jennifer spent a lot of time picking things out so that we ultimately didn't buy anything. At least we were entertained for a couple of hours.

Downtown Denver


We headed towards downtown and after a long and arduous search, found a parking spot so we could walk to the 16th Street Mall, Denver's famous revitalized commercial street. Even on a Sunday there was decent activity, most likely helped by an ongoing Broncos game. We explored the rather lackluster shopping (it is not as good as I remembered it) and settled on getting Jennifer's perspectives on the Rock Bottom menu. Still pretty much a guy's place.

We got to the airport a little early, which turned out to be a good thing as I had clairvoyantly estimated it would take a while to get through the airport as I think Denver just about the worst airport I travel to with the exception of O'Hare in Chicago - but it is easy to avoid travelling there. DIA was touted as a revolutionary airport when it was built, well we know that not all revolutions are necessarily a turn for the better, and in this case, that is
A Cat! A Cheesecake Cat!A Cat! A Cheesecake Cat!A Cat! A Cheesecake Cat!

In front of The Cheesecake Factory, they like these bronze sculptures around town, this is a mountain lion, we didn't get to see the real thing . . . probably a good thing though.
the case.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

16th Street Mall16th Street Mall
16th Street Mall

A busy day in central Denver despite being a Sunday.
On Pearl StreetOn Pearl Street
On Pearl Street

No camera battery, no problem, trusty cellphone saves the day. It was sunny yes.
All Done!All Done!
All Done!

Heading back home in DIA. Flight delayed 30 minutes, at least. Gonna be a late one.


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.038s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb