Day 7 - Denver Museum of Nature and Science


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
May 16th 2009
Published: May 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We all got a good night sleep last night! Todd was feeling a little better in the morning and neither of the boys were up in the middle of the night. It may have helped that we had our own room in the suite and just didn't hear them. This was our first full day in Denver and we intentionally left it unplanned, but knew there were lots of options. We decided on the Denver Museum of Nature and Science since they had dinosaurs and an exhibit on Egyptian Mummies. Paul has been reading a story book on this trip about a mummy so he was looking forward to learning more about them.
It was about 11:00 when we got into the museum. There were many more things that interested us once we were there. We spent some time in the "Space Odyssey" room. Paul was most intrigued by the Mars rover. We also wandered through the "Expedition Health" room and many of the wildlife dioramas. Paul was excited about the Discovery Center as well. This was a hands-on room with activities specifically for smaller children. Paul and Levi had a great time in there. After we ate lunch in the T-Rex Café, we headed back upstairs for the main attractions, Mummies and Dinosaurs. We now know more about ancient Egyptian embalming rituals than we ever thought we might. The dinosaurs were just part of a larger "Prehistoric Journey" that detailed the current scientific and evolutionist theories on life and planet changes.
Finally, we headed out after a long day on our feet. We stopped at the SuperTarget near our hotel to grab supplies and groceries to assemble a light meal in the hotel. After dinner Paul and Sarah spent over an hour working on the trip journal that Paul is keeping for a school assignment. Paul is really enjoying the chance to write about the trip.

Day 7 Stats


• 1361.2 total miles driven
• 52.4 total gallons of gasoline consumed
• Average 25.9 MPG
• 28 hours, 57 minutes in the car
• 1 additional state license plate


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb