Rawlins, Wyoming to Denver, Colorado


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
August 10th 2022
Published: August 10th 2022
Edit Blog Post

9th August, 2022

Filled up on breakfast before heading out at approx 8:30. As the day was already warm, we got some ice from the hotel and put some drinks in the little esky we had bought. Topped up the car with fuel and off we went.

It was a bright day so it was pretty easy driving. Even though there was mountains all around us, they were way off in the distance so there wasn‘t a lot to see. We did manage to find an abandoned dunny in the middle of nowhere though.

We arrived in Laramie, Wyoming just after 10:00. We stopped at the visitor’s centre for a restroom stop and also had a chat with the girls who work there. One of them had been in Australia a few times when she was a student playing volleyball in Sydney. She recognised our accents immediately.

Back in the car heading for Cheyenne, Wyoming. We were both surprised at how big this city was. We stopped there for a bit of a break and had a walk around the city. We got lost so asked a very nice policeman where we would find the visitor’s centre and he gladly gave the directions, blessed us and went on his way.

We found the visitor’s centre just as the tourist trolley was going past so we waved and got a pic. The centre is the old railway station and is has been restored to its original fixtures. Lovely building.

Points of interest around the city are printed on large boots which are very quirky but I liked them.

Sandra took over the driving so she could say that she drove over the border from Wyoming to Colorado. We got caught in a major traffic jam about 45 mins out of Denver. It took well over 1/2 hour to move 1.5 miles because of road works. Just after the roadworks, Sandra gave up and I drove into Denver city itself. Originally, I was nervous about driving around the city, but that was so bloody easy compared to the freeway here. OMG the drivers are SCARY!

Got to the hotel around 3:00 and checked in, then returned the car with no problems.

We re-packed our suitcases ready to head to Las Vegas tomorrow and then go on our tour the next day.

Dinner was at La Loma mexican restaurant. OMG so good and so fresh. We really enjoyed the food and the margaritas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb