Smoke in Cortez, AZ


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Cortez
July 17th 2009
Published: July 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We slept until 8 am this morning. I think Ken is a gypsy. We were supposed to stay at Mesa Verde another night, but he wants to move on. He said he has seen everything he needs to see here and wants to move on. So~ we are headed to Show Low, AZ. We had to stop at Walgreen’s to get a refill. As we were leaving Walgreens, Ken saw smoke coming from the back of the truck and at the same time a guy drove past us and said, your batteries are about to blow. Ken disconnected the cable from the car that supplies power to the battery unit. The batteries quit smoking. The wires were totally burnt and the wires were melted. OK—this changes things a lot! He calls the RV dealer in Tucson, talks a while and he tells us to take pictures (for warranty purposes). We now are without any power to the RV as we travel down the highway. We could use electric when we get to a campsite, but we decide not to use the RV at all, in case the dealer says you should not have continued to use it until we know what is damaged. So we drive to Show Low and get a room at a Hampton Inn. We were lucky to get that as most things are booked. I am very, very picky about hotel room, (thus, I love the RV). Fortunately it looks brand new and seems clean, so far, so good.
We do not want to disconnect the truck from the RV, so we call a taxi, to go to dinner. We are away from town and nothing is within walking distance.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.268s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.11s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb