Show Low


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Show Low
July 17th 2009
Published: July 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We sit on our balcony and drink some wine while waiting for the taxi. They said it would be 45 minutes.
The taxi arrives; our driver is ‘Robin’. I ask her if they are busy and she said they are. She said the worse part is their dispatcher does not know what she is doing. She is the daughter of the regular dispatcher who is not available to work because she is in jail. The daughter has no experience and is making Robin’s life hell.
We go to the ‘Branding Iron Restaurant’. We sit in the outside area. It’s kind of cozy but rustic. They have a shaded area with Christmas lights, a fire ring (it’s on because it is chilly), and a singer. He singing songs written by himself. He is OK; he’s kind of like a John Mayer type without the talent. I’ve heard a lot worse. A young couple come in and the girl is pregnant. Her shirt says, “All I wanted was a backrub!”
There is one waitress/barmaid. She has a helper who only seems to know how to clear and clean off tables. It’s obvious the service is going to be horrible, but what’s the hurry? It’s a beautiful night. Both women have great attitudes and smile and are kind to everyone. We had a nice dinner: salad, Ken had grilled chicken and I had shrimp. We called ‘Robin’ to ask her to come pick us up. We had to wait around 20 minutes. Got back to the hotel and went to bed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb