4/20/2012 - Colorado Springs, CO - Helen Hunt Falls, Seven Falls, Garden of the Gods, & Square Dancing


Advertisement
Published: April 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

4/20/2012 - This morning we rode to Helen Hunt Falls, a falls not on any map that we saw. Trent, at Goldfield RV Park told us that he likes to go up there. We took High Road up to the falls, another of those roads that climb up the mountain to dizzying heights and no guardrails. Made it to the falls, not a big waterfall, but a pretty one. We then rode to Seven Falls which is a private owned canyon/waterfall. The cost of admittance was $18.50. The scenery was ok, they had an elevator inside the mountain which took you up 140 feet to overlook the waterfall. The waterfall fell through 7 different levels before reaching the bottom. Not a good value for the price of admission even though we did see a wedding party down below while we were up top.

After this, we went to The Garden of the Gods. We viewed the movie at the Visitor Center for $5.00 per person. Interestin movie. Later we went through the Garden. The rock formations within the park gave it the name "Garden of the Gods". Different shapes and different colors. We saw some rock climbers while there. Had lunch at the Sonic, then rode up toe Santa's Workshop, but it was closed for the season. This is an amusement park for kids, but we thought maybe the gift shop would be interesting.

We then went square dancing with the Waggin Wheelers. Really had fun at this dance. Everyone here was very friendly. After the dance when talking with the caller, Jeff Palmer; we found out that he knew one of the square dancers back home - small world. Later, returned to the Sonic for dessert - ice cream :-).


Additional photos below
Photos: 113, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.391s; Tpl: 0.054s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb