More Rocky Mt Nat'l Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Colorado Springs
September 23rd 2011
Published: December 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We had a beautiful night sleep and woke to clear skies and crisp temperatures. We had coffee and a nice breakfast and as I readied the camper for travel, Dee took Oscar for his walk. She came back telling me about some deer close by so I grabbed the camera and off we went. I found 3 mule deer bucks laying down by a campsite and another little buck fighting with a bush. Pictures…..

We left the campground and headed toward Bear Lake. There were several trails from this area so it is very popular. We hiked to a falls pictures…. Then took a bus back to the parking lot and went to Mary’s Lake and hiked around that. Pictures…It is so much more enjoyable to get out of the car and smell the air, and see the trees and moss and the clarity of the water. What a beautiful park. Even though I don’t like to encounter crowds it was nice to see so many people enjoying the park, young and old alike. Part of CO lifestyle.

It was time to leave the mountains and head for Ft Collins to see Jessie, Dee’s daughter. As we traveled down a canyon we spotted a herd of mountain sheep and were able to pull over and snap a few pictures before they disappeared. It’s amazing how they can jump around on those sheer cliffs. Pictures….

We got to Jessie’s house and visited for a while then went out for dinner. It was a small Italian restaurant downtown and we enjoyed the hustle and bustle and all the energy that a college town has. Our meal was delicious and after walking around town for a while we went to a motel for the night. Dogs welcome..

It was early to bed for me, Dee visited with Jess for a while.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.323s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 93; dbt: 0.1885s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb