Hot Air Balloons Over Boulder


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Boulder
August 8th 2012
Published: September 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Andrew Helps Fill the BalloonAndrew Helps Fill the BalloonAndrew Helps Fill the Balloon

Andrew helped fill our hot air balloon.
Andrew gave me two tickets to go hot air ballooning last Christmas. I saved them to use over our anniversary. We flew with Fair Winds.

It was an incredible experience! We got to help fill the balloons if we chose. Andrew helped hold open the balloon as the owner blasted air into it. The balloons are enormous! We didn't get the balloon to ourselves, as I'd originally hoped, but it ended up not mattering much anyway. There were six other people in our basket, and everyone was engrossed in the views.

In addition to our balloon, Fair Winds had two other balloons go up that morning, and another company had one take off from the same field as well. From our balloon in the sky, we could enjoy views of the Boulder Reservoir, the mountains, and the other balloons. It was picturesque, and the flight was relaxing. It was a truly awesome way to experience Boulder.

Although they'd offered breakfast before our flight, I didn't partake because I worried I'd end up needing to use the restroom while sailing thousands of feet above the ground. So, after we landed safely and helped pack up the hot air balloon,
Happy Anniversary!Happy Anniversary!Happy Anniversary!

We celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary in a hot air balloon over Boulder, Colorado.
Andrew and I went to the Dushanbe Tea House, where we'd had our wedding reception five years ago.

The service there is always painfully slow, but the atmosphere makes up for it. The Tea House was built by hand in Tajikistan and sent to Boulder. The decor is very colorful and ornate. It really is a can't-miss stop in Boulder.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Hot Air Ballooning in BoulderHot Air Ballooning in Boulder
Hot Air Ballooning in Boulder

I took this photo of another hot air balloon from our hot air balloon. The flight wasn't scary; it was relaxing.
We landed safely!We landed safely!
We landed safely!

We landed safely in a field of cows and helped roll up the balloon and pack it away. What an experience!
Brunch at Dushanbe Tea HouseBrunch at Dushanbe Tea House
Brunch at Dushanbe Tea House

After our hot air balloon ride, we enjoyed brunch at the Dushanbe Tea House, where we'd had our wedding reception.


Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 75; dbt: 0.1244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb