Boulder


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Boulder
April 28th 2011
Published: April 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today is the first nice day since we have been here. It is 68 degrees and the skies are blue.

We decided to go to Boulder, which is North of Denver) It is a hippy town which is like no other town I have been to. There are busker's, street performers, lots of organic shops and where no one new is allowed to move into the town until people move out or die; I personally think its a good way to control the population and wonder why we are such pushovers in the UK

After a lunch of crepes, we headed to the Rocky Mountain National Park and went for a walk to a beautiful spot that Jon found by accident when his parents were in town.

We then headed to Bear Lake for a hike, but found it was totally frozen over. The snow was supposedly 67 inches deep surrounding the lake, but as we started walking round it, our feet were cracking through the snow and hitting water as we waded through the snow, so we soon turned back.

The park is gorgeous and we saw some typical Colorado wildlife - elks, deer and chipmunks which happily feed from your hand and climb on your shoulders.

We spent a few hours in the park and then headed to the highlands area of Denver for dinner at an Italian I tried last time I was here - Trattoria Stella is a boutique Italian restaurant. It is always full and serves the most amazing fresh pasta, salads and seafood. It is not cheap but the chocolate mousse was worth every dollar.

I have uploaded some pics of Jons apartment...they dont do it justice at all. It is massive and the balcony overlooks the swimming pool. It has 2 bedrooms but the spare one is too messy for me to photograph! The one on there is actually huge with an ensuite bath, toilet and big closet but Anders and Elsa are using it so I dont want to take pics. Nice eh?




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb