Day 20: Moterey, CA to Willits, CA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
May 20th 2012
Published: May 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 20:



We broke camp at Monterey Co Fair Grounds and headed north on CA 1. It was a pretty drive with a few glimpses of the ocean, We saw a few surfers but it looked me like the waves were breaking too close to the beach to make the surfing any fun. It was breezy and chilly right on the coast. Gena drove until we stopped at the Golden Gate Bridge - - traffic through San Francisco was REALLY SLOW due to a race crowd that was just breaking up after a race. Gena got a picture of a couple of male wild turkeys vying for the attention of a female - - right in out camp ground for tonight. Kerry had a flat on his pop-up trailer. I saw it start to smoke and by the time I could get then on the radio, it was disintegrating. There really wasn't enough room to get off the highway, so I stood up the road to wave drivers into the inside lane - - amazing how many of them refused to move over. Fortunately Kerry got the tire changed with out any mishaps. We have stopped for the night in a nice campground just outside of Willits, CA.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



24th May 2012

Great pictures!
Enjoyed catching up with your travels!

Tot: 1.337s; Tpl: 0.046s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 9; ; mem: 1.4mb