Day 19 Monterey, CA


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 19:

After a breakfast of bacon & pancakes, Bob, Kerry & Charlie went to tour the Monterey Aquarium. It is a great facility with lots and lots a very well done exibits, and touch tanks for the kids. We went into a parking garage marked "Aquarium Parking". When we walked out, we discovered that we had to walk about six blocks to get to the entrance to the aquarium. Turns out that the best place to buy patches was in the first store we went into on the way to the aquarium, so we stopped there on the way back to the car. We spent about 3 1/2 hours to see the entire facility. It covered all sorts of aquatic environments from the beach out to the deep ocean. We got to see the feeding in the deep ocean tank - - that was really interesting. Gena had stayed at the camper with Milo and did laundry and precooked 9 chicken thighs. At about 5 Bob put them on the grill with BBQ sauce while Gena made yellow rice - - we ate like Kings & Queens! Heading north tomorrow with a goal of getting north of San Francisco.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Baby Sea HorsesBaby Sea Horses
Baby Sea Horses

They are are only about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch long.
More Jelly fishMore Jelly fish
More Jelly fish

No long tentacles
Coast Guard BoatCoast Guard Boat
Coast Guard Boat

Exercising its Fire Cannon. In the back ground is the airport VERY near to our campground - - we're right off the end of the runway.


20th May 2012

Something's Fishy
Bob and Gena - Great pics. Looks like lots of fun. Gena . . . Warmer than last year??!!

Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0901s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb