4/6/2012 - Mono Lake RV Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
April 6th 2012
Published: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

4/6/2012 - Shelby cooked bacon and sausage outside this morning, Aleta cooked homemade biscuits, and Jack cooked eggs for breakfast. We visited Bodie National Park. We chose to not walk the ghost town as all the buildings seemed to be locked. We did get pics of the old ghost town. On our way out of Bodie, Jack met a real nice ranger with pretty red and blue lights on top of his truck. He politely pointed out to Jack that he was not to stop on the road to take pictures as this posed a safety hazard.

After leaving Bodie we rode the June Lake Loop. This is a very pretty "resort" area with some beautiful scenery. We, Aleta & I; then rode to Mammoth Lakes and visited the ski resort. Some nice pics. Later we went to Nicely's Restaurant for supper. Shelby and Jack had the special of fish and chips. Barbara had their roast beef openfaced sandwich and Aleta had country fried steak. These were VERY large portions and the food was very good. Would recommend this restaurant. Prices were reasonable.

Turned in for the nicht.


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb