4/5/2012 - Lone Pine, CA to Mono Lake, CA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Lone Pine
April 5th 2012
Published: April 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

4/5/2012 - Lone Pine to Mono Lake

We did not get in a hurry today leaving Boulder Creek RV Resort in Lone Pine, CA. We will make a stop at the Law's RailRoad Museum in Bishop, CA today enroute. If you want to visit this museum in your travels, do NOT rely on your GPS. Check maps or local information, it is located 4.5 miles northeast of Bishop on HWY 6. WOW! Good value for the $5.00 per person. Well worth the stop. One of the volunteers took the time to explain the stamp mill and several old engines that had been restored by the volunteer. In the pics you see he even started on for us. After the museum, we got back on the road to Mono Lake through Inyo National Forest. Temp got down to 44 degrees at 4pm, elevation of 6000 ft. We got in snow at 33 degrees. Got in heavy sneaux and 29 degrees along the way. Arrived at Mono Lake RV park at 5pm, back up to 34 degrees. Temp was down to 22 degrees the first night. The park was not officially open. Had to use onboard water for the stay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 101, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Law'sLaw's
Law's

Sorry, did not rotate. This is the family where all sons were lost in war.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb