Train ride from Denver to San Francisco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
April 2nd 2011
Published: April 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Denver to San Farncisco

Travelling by train from Denver to San Francisco was for a while the most interesting way from begin our trip. We always “fight” 😊 to have seats together (the reason is we have only one but huge blanket) and we are pretty successful 😊) This train took 33 hours. But we met really great people! First one was an older man, if I remember right he was 87years old, his name was John and he was our HERO – I think hero of all of us in Europe. John was in Navy for his all life, during the Second world war he travelled all around the world and he was in Normandy. How Joost says: thanks to him he can talk Dutch. John was married 60 years, his wife passed 7years ago which was sad. His face and hands were full of stories, experiences and pretty hard work but his eyes...if you could see his eyes, they were still full of life.... of happy life! For 26years he is retired so he travels. He has got one house in Chicago and one in a small city in Colorado. Doesn't matter on season, weather, anything... just on John's mood to stay in one place long enough. So how he said, usually after 3 weeks when he visits all friends he decided to move back to the other house. It was really pleasure to meet you John!!!
Next to us “lived” for that time older woman around 62 years and in the end I decided that she is a bit crazy 😊 She was funny and nice to everybody, just sometimes too nice and even you wanted to sleep, eat, sit in lounge room she was following you everywhere. She easily felled in love with Joost. She took lots of pictures of him and she got his private phone number as well! I don't know if I should be worried....will see. 😊))
After not really good sleeping night we took breakfast in the train. And we got lucky for people at the table again 😊 The table was mixed on 😊 We enjoyed one young man from Shanghai and one young American woman who works for International ….... (I forgot the name of nadace and if she will read this hopefully will forgive me). They help around the world to build schools for poor countries and make an education system for them. Thanks to people like her the children can read, count and know something about the world – our world. Really good company at the table and we had fun. Of course we met more people during this way (specially Joost – he is the talker/speaker) but these people will stay in my mind not only because they were nice but it was interesting to talk to them and it was great to meet them. 😊))

So, now we are getting closer and closer to San Francisco I think just few more hours. So you can already looking forward to the next stories...Hope the good ones will come more often 😉) Talk to you later...


Advertisement



4th April 2011

33 hours?!dammnnnn!
hi there funny man and beautiful woman;;D/first comment here of the one and only hawkeyejack haha...no worries red the other blogs as well so i am well informnd of all the adventures... so darinka a reall war veteran and a 62 year old woman huh..nice!dont think you have to be worried though.joost just attracts a lot of attantion he just can t handle..hahaha. but seriously love the blogs....keep on having a good time and i ll read it in the next blog. ohhh tomorow is my birtday so,CHEERS!!! have one on me ok......be safe and njoy the rest of the journey
5th April 2011

Hi Marcel! I think you are right :)) Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! Wish you were here, all of you guys.. Will celebrate it with you when we come back, deal?? ;))
5th April 2011

Happy Birth day ouwe
GAST!! I forgive you everything you said about me :) Because I know where it is coming from :) GEFELICITEERD MAN!! You'r closing in on me pretty soon we will be the same age :) Give Karin a hug from us and have a good one!!! missing you guys!

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb