San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: April 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

SAN FRANCISCO
After the most beautiful train ride we have ever taken we arrived in San Francisco, CA in the early evening. As always (we are slow learners) we under estimated the distance between the station and our hotel, but after a good 45 minutes hike we arrived at the place where we dumped our rucksacks and went to get something to eat and plan our next day.
Although we knew it wouldn't be good weather, it was still disappointing to see that the weather got pretty bad, windy and loads of rain. So far we have been pretty lucky with the weather, although we have experienced some cold weather it has been dry for most of the time, but of course there is no way that we can have good weather for 7 months in a row.
Despite the bad weather we set of to discover the city on foot and because the weather forecast was predicting even worse weather we decided to see as much as possible in one day and than head south in search for better weather 😊
We started at Fishermen pier hoping to catch the boot to go whale spotting, unfortunately the boot had already set sail so we continued to discover the Pier which was basically a shopping center for tourist. The most interesting on the pier were the sea lions. They accumulate in a little port every day specially made for them where they hang out most of the day spotting tourist and making fun of us tourist. Cool animals them sea lions lazy as hell though 😊
After a hot chocolate to warm up a little we bought our self a ticket for a ride on the cable cars (you know the ones that go up the steep hills) the plan was to get of in China town but we were to busy looking around and missed our stop. On top of some of the hills the view over the bay if beautiful and there are a lot of hills through out the city which makes traveling by these cable cars so cool. By the time we got of the Cable car we were close to our hotel and decided to get some warmer clothes before continuing. Our next stop were the Victorian houses which remained standing after the great earthquake and following fires in 1918 also known for their appearance in the T.V show from the 90's Full House.
We continued our way to-wards Golden Gate Park. Golden Gate Park in a pretty park full of Museums and exotic plant life, it was nice to walk around there for a while but it was about time to continue our search for the Golden Gate Bridge!
After a short bus ride and a long walk we arrived at the Pacific ocean!!!!! I hadn't thought about it before but I had never seen the pacific before and although it looks no different form the Atlantic it is impressive to know that you are standing in front of the vast pacific where the waves are noticeable bigger. Whilst walking along the coast we arrived at the Golden Gate Bridge. We had to hurry up because there was a small break in the bad weather and we might be able to shoot some good pictures of it which I think we did, although not perfect they turned out pretty good thanks to Dari's photographer skills!! We walked up the bridge a bit because from of the bridge you could see a large group of surfers trying to catch a wave which came from under the bridge, SURFS UP DUDE!!
The rest of the day we walked around downtown San Francisco going up and down the hills while visiting places such as China Town, Lombardo Road ( the zigzag road) which is much smaller in real live than it appears to be in the movies and Alcatraz from a distance.
Lets get out of this place and this bad weather, lets go to Los Angeles!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



2nd April 2011

Hallo Kids
Hoi Joost en Darinka Leuk dat verslag met de foto's,kunnen wij ons er een beeld bij vormen. Kan je daar uberhaubt gewoon lopen of fietsen of is alles bergje op? Je blog staat nu automatisch ingesteld,dus krijg vanzelf een mail als jullie weer creatief geweest zijn. Ga zo door! en geniet ervan.. Wij gaan wel gewoon naar de Thai ( lekker eten ) met een beetje fantasie wanen we ons ver weg. Maandag lekker naar Barcelona voor vijf dagen. Herman en An

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb