Yosemite and Bodie


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, in Yosemite we didn’t stay a long time. After we left San Francisco we stayed in a Motel somewhere in nowhere close to the national park. On our opinion it was too expensive. So we got it cheaper - but only without receipt and we had to checkout before 8:00 am….
On the next morning we arrived after a short ride at Yosemite where we first went to the Yosemite falls. With 740m they are the highest falls in North America. Unfortunately it was too dry, so there was no water... The next stop we made on a place with a couple of giant trees. Those 3000year old trees are really impressive!
After leaving Yosemite we went to Bodie, a city which was founded in 1859 during the gold rush. Around 1870 the population was around 10000. After that the people left. Since 1932 there lives nobody in the city. The united national parks rebuilt some of the houses which now can be visited. For me it was very interesting to walk through a city which looks like 100 years ago.
At the evening we arrived in Reno where we slept. Reno was the main gambling city of Nevada until it was surpassed by Las Vegas around 1950.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb