Day 9 - Yosemite National Park


Advertisement
Published: June 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Me at Ellery LakeMe at Ellery LakeMe at Ellery Lake

Me at Ellery lake, on the way into Yosemite
Saturday, 3rd June 2007 - Yosemite National Park.

Today was another long day of driving, although this time with quite a few stops along the way, as we spent the majority of the day driving through Yosemite National Park, so we were making lots of sightseeing stops. I did the driving today, which while tiring, was good.

Yosemite is a gorgeous park and made me desperate to explore further the national parks of the US and specifically Canada, which I'll try to do on one of my next trips!
There were some pretty amazing roads to drive, as we pretty much drove up to the top of the valley, then down into it and out again. Good thing I'm not afraid of heights.....

Its full of pine trees and as its only just the end of winter, its also still full of gorgeous snow capped mountains and even still has snow on the ground, which we discovered on one of our first stops at Lake Ellerey.

The stops in the park included Bridalviel Falls, named because the wind catches the water as it falls and the mist makes it look like a veil - ahhhhhhh. We
ToniToniToni

Toni playing on the first lot of snow we come across, at Ellery Lake
also saw El Capitan, The Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequisas, Half Dome, and plenty of other scenery.

I would like to point out we all decided that Half Dome could in fact also be a penguin, dolphin or whale..... just FYI!

Off to San Francisco tomorrow


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Batchelor and 3 GracesBatchelor and 3 Graces
Batchelor and 3 Graces

I had to lie down on the ground to get this pic (no smart comments, please)
DeerDeer
Deer

just feeding, about 5 metres from us
SquirrelSquirrel
Squirrel

at the spot where we had lunch. Looks kinda evil, as the light is reflecting in its eye, but its the only decent pic I have atm!
Half DomeHalf Dome
Half Dome

or a penguin, whale or dolphin!


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb