Day 10 - Santa Cruz to San Fran


Advertisement
Published: June 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 10 - Sunday 4 June 2007, Santa Cruz to San Francisco

We left our hotel in Mariposa around 10am to head to Santa Cruz, the place that I know of because 'The Lost Boys' was filmed there! I have to admit, I really am a sucker for places that I can name because I'm seen them in a movie!! Sad, but true!

We stopped for lunch and all tried the local delicacy, Garlic Fries.... nice, but I think once was enough. I guess I'm safe from vampires though!
After lunch we headed next door to the mini golf range and played an 18 hole game of pirate themed mini golf. Toni turned out to be a golf shark, beating us all (John admittedly only by a couple of shots) - turns out she's played golf a few times, who knew?

During their travelling at some stage, Jen had come up with a great nickname for Toni - Teeny, Tiny Toni. Anyone whose met Toni would understand why - she really is teeny and tiny! Anyway, each time it was Toni's shot, we'd all start chanting 'She's Teeny, She's Tiny, She's Teeny, Tiny Toni. Gooooooooo Toni'!!! I'm sure it amused us more than it did all the other people around us, but hey, its all part of the fun of travelling, doing stupid things! The fact that Toni mentioned that she felt like our mascot, only made it funnier!

After mini golf, we headed on to San Fran, which was a gorgeous drive up the coast road, made even more gorgeous by the fog rolling in, which San Fran is known for (among other things!).


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Beach at Santa CruzBeach at Santa Cruz
Beach at Santa Cruz

The Pacific ocean from the other side!
Fog rolling inFog rolling in
Fog rolling in

Fog rolling in on the coast road on the way to SF


Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1012s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb