Day 8 - Death Valley and Bishop


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Bishop
June 2nd 2007
Published: June 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, today we left Vegas after a full week there, which was really kinda sad. Toni and I had to pick up our hire car from Paris hotel, so once we'd done that (Mazda 5, 6 seater, blue with a moonroof - yes, moonroof, not a sunroof), we headed off by about 9.30. J&J and S&D were in their own car, and T&I in ours. We are basically going to be following the others for the next 8 days or so.

We only really had one stop on the way to our overnight stop in Bishop, which was Death Valley, home to the second hottest temperature on record, a whopping 58 degrees. I found the 44 degrees when we were there damn hot enough, thanks very much and can believe the story of the sparrows falling dead to the ground when the temp was 58.

We stopped at Badwater Basin, a large salt flat and stayed pretty much long enough to take a couple of pics and be on our way again. God bless air con, is all I can say!
Oh, and as you can see, its also 86 metres below sea level.

We then headed on to our stop for the night, a small town called Bishop. Not much to report on the rest of the day. Mostly it was driving with a couple of pit stops. Toni and I both managed to drive on the 'right' side of the road though, without any accidents, so yay us!

Tomorrow we head off to Yosemite National Park.

Stay tuned....


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



28th June 2007

Hire cars
Getting a bit upmarket Katie, don't you miss the Clunker? btw Jacob can say your name now, and I can't see my feet any more :(

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb