Road Trip 2: Day 4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Santa Cruz
February 5th 2015
Published: February 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 4:

Our plans for the 4th day are split between Santa Cruz and San Jose. We have neither been to either of these places before so excited to explore!

Santa Cruz:

We have been reliably advised to explore the Santa Cruz mountains as much as possible when we're in the region and from what I've read this is quite a popular tourist thing to do! However, if that isn't your thing there seems to be plenty of other interesting and fun activities.

> Natural Bridges State Park looks like a great place to get lost for a little while and definitely something on our list
> Wharf
> Boardwalk
> The Giant Dipper - a wooden roller coaster located at the boardwalk at the beach
> Mystery Spot
> Big Basin Redwoods
> West Cliff Drive - a great, coastal drive from the boardwalk to the state park
> Pizza My Heart - popular eatery
> Roaring Camp Railroads - at night
> Capitola

Definitely plenty to do in the area for all kinds of people and ages and a lot more on offer, this is all we feel we have time for!

San Jose:

So far points of interest for us to visit here are downtown San Jose, The Winchester House, Flea Market, Farmer's Market, Alum Rock Park and Santana Row. The malls are Eastridge, Oakridge, Westgate and Valley Fair.

Granted, downtown San Jose looks and sounds like downtown in most other places and perhaps not of interest to too many people, BUT it is Silicon Valley's city centre which perhaps might interest some technology appreciative people?! Maybe swing by Silicon Valley when you're in the area?!
The Winchester House is a mansion that used to belong to Sarah Winchester. The mystery house is a maze! There are tour guides on hand to show you around the house and gardens. The house is baffling to say the least and veryyyyy eerie. Special events are hosted here (Friday 13th, Halloween etc).
I've never been to a Flea Market, just heard of them! Not to everyone's taste I'd imagine but I personally would just like to experience one. They're all over the country but this one seems popular so why not!
The Farmer's Market is open here on Friday's.
Santana Row - an outdoor shopping mall

If you have extra time or none of the above appeal to you not too far away is Paramount's Great America Theme Park. It doesn't seem to open all year like Disney so check out their website and for ride and ticket information. Seems fun!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb