Road Trip 2: Day 5


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Sausalito
February 5th 2015
Published: February 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 5:

This day we will check out of Monterey and head north again towards San Francisco - great city! On the way I am extremely keen to check out Half Moon Bay.

As I've mentioned before we always struggle to find somewhere that is reasonably priced and central and parking in SF. Last year we ventured across the bridge and into Sausalito for a few last hours of sun before our flight home and fell in love with it so have decided to stay there this year and see what we think. Famous for being the inspiration of where Otis Redding penned Sitting on the Dock of the Bay how can we go wrong?! We used AirBnB and rented a nice house (with a drive way for the car!)

The drive from Monterey is just a little over 2 hours and a little longer if we're stopping at Half Moon Bay. Our plans for this day are dependent on how much time we have to do everything we want in the Monterey area. We will either do our drive along 17 mile before we leave if we haven't done it by then or else just head straight to Sausalito. That day we will just spend in Sausalito regardless of how early we arrive and enjoy the city from across the bay! It is very chilled and relaxing so we will make the most of that after what promises to be a busy few days.

As it stands we aren't planning on using the car in San F where possible as there is a toll charge on the bridge and parking is a nightmare in the city at tourist traps where we will inevitably go! There is a ferry that runs and we haven't used that before so definitely want to try it. It doesn't run too late so check it before you use it.

If we do have time that day and get in reasonably early the plan may well be we use this day to cycle, something I am determined to do this trip!!

From our brief visit in 2014 there seemed like a good few restaurants so finding somewhere for dinner shouldn't be a problem.

There isn't an awful lot to do in Sausalito, it really is quite relaxing! The houseboats are quite cool to look at, Bridgeway and Caledonia Street.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0959s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb