Road Trip 2: Day 3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Monterey
February 4th 2015
Published: February 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 3

We're staying in Hilton Garden Inn in Monterey - looks like a great place. We are spending 3 nights in Monterey, which is the longest we ever really spend anywhere! From here we are wanting to spend time in Monterey, Carmel, San Jose and Santa Cruz.

The first full day will be spent between Monterey and Carmel. We've been to both these places before in 2011 and really enjoyed it!

Last time in Monterey we never made it to Monterey but is definitely going to get visited on this trip. It gets great reviews and the pictures and videos look great! Other places to visit in Monterey are:

> Sunset beach
> Cannery Row
> Fisherman's Wharf
> Moss Landing
> China Cove




All great places to spend time in Monterey!

Carmel

In nearby Carmel on thing you cannot miss is 17 mile drive. Absolutely incredible!! You're given a map at the starting base of stops along this 17 mile route including The Lone Cyprus Tree and Pebble Beach Golf Club. Along the drive you'll see great views of the ocean and the animals who live there! Great way to spend a morning or afternoon. The road is through an exclusive neighbourhood and there is a fee for the car. Once inside the gates, the drive is well sign posted and the pavements are painted red to help you follow. There are maps available online so you can see what is on offer. I think the fee is around $10. You don't have to stop at every stop - it is entirely up to you! We didn't get a great last day last time - quite cloudy which was unfortunate. You don't have to be a keen golfer or even interested to pay a visit to Pebble Beach. Being from Northern Ireland we were keen to see it as GMac had just won there and we knew there were pictures and trophies on display. Prices to play for the day are pretty ridiculous for one round of golf! The views are just amazing, the clubhouse equally so and there are shops and par 3 course too.

Also in Carmel is a lovely scenic drive (Ocean Avenue and take a left onto Scenic Road). Here you'll pass Mission Ranch on 15th Avenue which is owned by Clint Eastwood! It is a very small town and not a lot to do to spend much time there. Accommodation can be pricey as you're a captive audience.

The beach is also lovely and extremely clean and the town is full of restaurants and art galleries and shops. Shops at The Crossroads and The Barnyard may also interest you.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb