Going to the Rancho...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Santa Clarita
November 27th 2014
Published: November 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello world, we're back after another full day of activities. This morning we headed to Rancho Deluxe in Santa Clarita - the site of many movies and television shows, including Bones, Wipeout, CSI and even Utopia. We got a personalised tour by the owner, who toured us around and showed us a range of sites that he'd built. It was a truly amazing experience. We saw the site where Abraham Lincoln was "born" in a recent movie and even the location where Cameron Diaz and Gerard Butler have filmed. Does that give us any movie cachet??

We did our first mail home of the trip too... Caution advised here. If you use a mailing/packing company, check the price first. This hurt. A lot.

Next we visited the local Rotary Club and handed over a copy of Humanity in Action - a Rotary Down Under publication - at Margarita's Mexican Restaurant. It was nice, friendly atmosphere and a range of foods (hot and not so hot options available) and their Chocolate Moose Cake was a hit with Charlotte and the option Elizabeth chose (Churrito??) was yummy. It was a cinnamon deep fried pastry option.

We headed to the Mall and checked Macy's out 😊 We also found a "Bottle Shop" cum Liquor Store.

Tonight is a quiet night, so I'm going to sign off now... Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day and we're sooooooo looking forward to it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb