Arrived in San Francisco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
November 30th 2014
Published: November 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So... We've arrived in San Francisco. We had a great trip on the Coastal Starlight from Van Nuys to Jack London Station at Oakland. Then we caught the bus to the Hyatt Regency and finally a taxi to our hotel. Will update that more down the track.

It's late - 11pm but we've settled into the room and the girls have already crawled into bed. We're only going to do a cursory update tonight then a proper one tomorrow after we've slept. Needless to say I was a little teary leaving our friends... I already miss them! The train trip was pretty good, the only drawback was the two young guys in the seats in front of us. They were a little special. Quite obnoxious - but given they're the only ones like that who we've come across it could be worse. The train was quite civilised and we'll certainly choose that option again. The dining car was good value, the Angus burger was $10 and came with crisps, not chips! Lol!!! The seats are roomy and there are adequate facilities including powerpoints... Take note, Queensland Rail!

The staff were really helpful, so that was cool. One drawback to 4 adults each with their own suitcase is finding a taxi to carry us and our bags. It took a bit, but thanks to the gentleman at Hyatt Regency we finally found one and arrived at our hotel.

Okay, like I said, more details tomorrow, when I've had a chance to rest and get my head square :D

Night all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb