California - Hello!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Santa Clarita
November 26th 2014
Published: November 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello world! We've arrived in California and are happily settled in Santa Clarita with our lovely friends. The flight was wonderful, except for the lady in 62F who decided to recline until breakfast at 4.00am. Bah Humbug! Good thing Charlotte didn't need to go to the toilet a lot.

Then when our friend Ken picked us up and took us our for breakfast in a diner. Yes, they do complimentary refills. :D The girls had pancakes with cream and strawberries and they were huge! I'm not sure of the name of the diner though... But if I find out, I'll mention it in another blog. After that, we headed to their place and dropped our bags off then went to Walmart. We had the best server - Marina(??) She set up our phones for us - took her well over half an hour... but man! Was she fantastic. So if you're looking for a great Walmart - Stevenson Ranch! Go up to the phone section and see this lovely lady.

Since we've been here we've also been to Santa Monica and Venice Beach. Santa Monica is so nice, and well worth the visit then we walked down to the Pier. We saw some interesting sights, one point to be aware of though, is that you do need to be aware of yourself and your surroundings. There's lots of traffic! Oh and yes, we came halfway across the world to go to Subway 😊 The kids ended up at Macca's. They were amazed that everything was automatically upsized. Then we made our way to Venice Beach were we saw the rollerbladers and the roller blading turban guy playing an electric guitar (check him out in movies!)

Dinner last night was at New Moon - say hi to Mikey and Matt. It was an amazing dinner of Chinese.

Today was our amazing Beverly Hills day. We hopped into Ken's car and headed for Greystone Mansion. OMG!!! If you get a chance, pop in and take a look. It's a City Park and so worth the visit - to visit go see this link We did get to walk inside the building which was totally fabulous and we saw the gardens. We have a list of movies the house was in, including the second Star Trek reboot movie and Spiderman.

After that we got a tour of the City Council Offices before heading to Bouchon of Beverly Hills for lunch. OMG! To die for. Then we walked Rodeo Drive before we headed back to Santa Clarita. We passed Beverly Hills Wilshire and Beverly Hills Hilton.

Tonight we're doing the BBQ thing and tomorrow we have a ton more experiences and I promise pics and info!

Thanks for reading


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb