Merry Christmas from California


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Santa Barbara
December 22nd 2012
Published: December 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Merry Christmas to everyone! Well another year has almost come to an end. It’s been quite an eventful year for us, out of 12 months we’ve only actually spent 4 months in Britain.

In January we set of to travel around S.E. Asia for 4 months then in June we came to California just in time for the birth of our first grandchild. We stayed for 3 months watching her grow from a newborn into a little person and also helping with the new house renovations. Gary and Milena joined us for our last two week there and we all enjoyed a real family reunion.

At the end of November we returned to California to catch up with Sharon, Scott and Kyla. We will be here until the end of January hopefully missing the worst of our British winter.

We were delighted with the temperature here despite being almost Christmas it has been quite warm. We’ve spent several days hiking in the mountains near Sharon and Scott’s home where we experienced blue skies and wall to wall sunshine. We even went on the beach and swam in the outdoor pool on several occasions.

The weather has taken a bit of a dip these last few days but Kyla has been keeping us entertained with her new antics, she’s recently discovered her feet and spends ages rolling around the floor sucking her big toe. Oh to be young and flexible!

We have become firm friends with the other Grandparents, Tom and Wanda, who ask us over regularly and meet us in town for dinner while the younger ones do the bedtime routine.

Last week we did a 3 day road trip to Big Bear and San Diego. Big Bear, a ski resort north of L.A, turned out a disappointment as we were turned back after reaching the top of the pass at 5,000 feet. Only vehicles with snow chains on the tyres were allowed to proceed into the resort despite there being no snow on the ground and not a cloud in the sky. We did see cars coming up the pass away from Big Bear with 6 inches of snow on top so I guess it was justified.

We carried on to San Diego for a couple of nights before returning to Santa Barbara for the Christmas Celebrations.

Well that’s all for now. Hope you all have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year wherever you are in the world.



Having major problems loading photos so have given up and published without many.

Merry Christmas to you all anyway!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Even Kyla makes it to the topEven Kyla makes it to the top
Even Kyla makes it to the top

With the help of Mommy!!
Near Big BearNear Big Bear
Near Big Bear

The temperature dips!


26th December 2012

Merry Xmas
Just got on my laptop after the buildup to Xmas!!! u sound as if you have had a great time. David and Sharon and their 3 have been here for Christmas and the twins (22 months) have run us ragged!!!! The house looks as if it has been in the path of a hurricane but who cares so long as they have had fun. I can recover when they go home. All the best to you and yours for the New Year X Gretta
4th January 2013

I have changed my email address and don't know how to let this site change it....or what.... I entered the new address in the box above. Please change it. Thanks
7th January 2013

e mail address changed
Hi Wanda, sorry I forgot to change your email address on my blog address book. It's done now.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 32; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb