Beware! Rattlesnake!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Santa Barbara
September 8th 2012
Published: October 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Time to relax and enjoy our last week here before returning home. Gary and Milena had joined us so that was as good a reason as any to stop working.

We spent the week at the harbour, in downtown Santa Barbara, on the beach and trips to the mountains, not to mention time chilling out by the pool and BBQ's on the patio.

There were two tricky moments, one was when we narrowly missed stepping on a rattlesnake sunning itself across the path and a sign warning us of a great white shark sighting just up the coast but it was fine we swam in the pool insread!

One night we joined Tom and Wanda at an Italian Restaurant for a final family meal together. A few days later Gary and Milena took off on a week long road trip around California and we sadly left for home.

As a last goodbye and thank you for helping, Sharon and Scott took us to L.A for the day for sightseeing before dropping us off at the airport hotel.

And that's it, we're home now but maybe we'll have to return soon so that Kyla won't forget us!


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

What a big burger!What a big burger!
What a big burger!

Only in America.
Easy cheese!Easy cheese!
Easy cheese!

Only in America!
Day trip to the mountainsDay trip to the mountains
Day trip to the mountains

Thanks Tom for the use of your jeep
Rattlesnake!!Rattlesnake!!
Rattlesnake!!

Fortunately Stan spotted it on the path just in front of us before it saw us!


Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb