Day 81 - San Francisco- filling our suitcases!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
October 29th 2013
Published: October 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post


Napa valley
We are loving this small apartment - it is ideal for our needs. We both slept well - the bed is super comfy.

Todays blog is only short as most of the day was spent shopping - we visited 3 outlets in the San Francisco area - found some great bargains and our suitcases are well and truly full for the trip home to Australia.

On today's journey we did cross over the magnificent Golden Gate Bridge - wow it is a speculator sight. We have previously visited San Francisco in 2009 so we have already done quite a bit of the touristy stuff.

There are about 7 toll bridges in San Francisco and not all off them are maned so we had to prepay tolls when we picked up the rental car - $42 to cover toll charges - otherwise you end up with a huge bill fom the rental company after you return the car.

Last time we were here we were amazed at the large amount of homeless people roaming the city streets. Where we are staying this time there is not the same problem - well at least it's not in our faces

Geoff outside the apartment building
day and night.

Drove through Sonoma and the Napa Valley. This is a scenic drive not too far out of the city area. Today the scenery was not as pretty as what we remembered seeing in 2009 as the ground was very dry and everything looked near dead.

Still it was a relaxing drive and we stopped by at one of the local wineries - Nicholason Ranch for a look around - such a lovely day today - sun was shining and it was quite warm (a nice change).

Prices are much cheaper here in San Francisco than NYC so even though we bought a lot of quality branded items we really didn't spend too much.

Driving back to our apartment we drove in via the San Francisco - Oakland Bay bridge and my oh my San Francisco looks so pretty at night. The whole city just shines likes stars in the sky...hopefully we will get out out one night during our stay and capture some of the beauty on the camera.

With the shopping done and dusted we are free to explore this lovely city tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



The building where we are staying in San Francisco


Driving on the bridge


Golden Gate bridge


At the winery


Visiting the winery


Ready for the Game!


View of University of San Francisco from our apartment


Winery's line the roadsides


A very dry looking Napa Valley


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb