Alcatraz


Advertisement
Published: September 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

AlcatrazAlcatrazAlcatraz

Lola in Al Capone's cell
San Fran was cold...about 16 to 18 degrees most of the day with a cold wind blowing almost constantly. A perfect day in some respects to take a trip across the bay to the Rock: Alcrataz. The tour itself was very well done in terms of facilities. It also was well received by all of the grls including Greta. The audio tour was particularly useful and I even think Greta took in some of what was being said. She was keen to understand that it was a jail and was also keen to relate it to the Monopoly game. Madi as expected probably got the most out of it from the kids perspective but I also think Lola understood what the place was all about. The pictures on the day's blog relate to the Alcatraz tour.

We spend around 4 hours door to door on the Rock and then returned back to the hotel room where we spend a bit of time in the hotel (well 10 mintues or so). They have these great open gas fires outside the reception and we spent some time (an hours or so of couching finally) lounging about there in the warmth.

Following
AlcatrazAlcatrazAlcatraz

The girls going crazy from too much time in isolation
that, we went into Union Square where the girls undertook some shopping. To be honest we didnt get past the girl's department of Macy's. It seemed that I spent most of my time sitting outside the change rooms bringing in different sizes or colours. Greta had her eye on this one red t-shirt which for some reason she just had to have and I am sure you will all see on numerous occassions upon our returm. Lisa drove a hard bargain with the cashier and we ended up coming home with a big bag of clothes with not much of a dent to the credit card.

If I had been smarter I would have sat in a bar until the girls were ready but I stupidly under-estimated the time they would stay there. By the time I came to my senses it was too late! So i grabbed Greta and Lola and headed back to the hotel for some dinner. Interestingly this ws the first place we had come across whch cooks their chips (or french fries) in peanut oil. So this was off the menu for Lola and as such she polished off the last of the instant
AlcatrazAlcatrazAlcatraz

Madi and Loa on "The Rock"
noodles we brought with us.

A couple of hours later, Madi and Lisa returned from shopping, Lisa with two new hand bags. Their return was delayed by a dinner of Sushi Train San Fran Style which was enormous by all accounts and thoroughly enjoyable. Vegas tomorrow so a good sleep was in order!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

AlcatrazAlcatraz
Alcatraz

San Francisco By on a cloudy San Fran day from Alcatraz Island


Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb