Dave's Birthday and Into San Fran


Advertisement
Published: September 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Dennis the MenaceDennis the MenaceDennis the Menace

Girls crowded around the statue.
Dave’s 45thBirthday. Happy Birthday Dave & Dad xx

Today the birthday boy gets to drive into San Francisco (which I’m sure will be very stressful!). We started our trip by stopping at Dennis the Menace playground (named I’m sure after our good friend Denise). Fabulous playground: slides, draw-bridge which the girls loved running across and rock climbing walls. It was a great spot for the girls to run off some energy (esp. restless legs Lola) before our road trip North.

On our journey North to San Fran we passed Gilroy the Garlic Capital(yes there is one), the NASA research centre and IKEA (we were tempted to stop off and see if kids ate for a dollar but it is soooo hard getting back on the freeways!

Wow San Francisco “The Industrial City”. It is huge and the roads are very busy but Dave managed to get us safely to our hotel The Sheraton at Fisherman's Wharf. We had dinner at pier 39 at Fisherman's Wharf which was a 5 min walk away. For once I was happy with the supersizing in America. I had the biggest Mojito I have ever seen. Dave also earned himself a very BIG beer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Lola on the Climbing WallLola on the Climbing Wall
Lola on the Climbing Wall

Lola doing what Lola does best.
Dennis the Menace PlaygroundDennis the Menace Playground
Dennis the Menace Playground

Greta on one of the slides


Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb