Cable Cars of San Fran to Las Vegas


Advertisement
Published: September 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This morning we set off bright and early to ride the famous cable cars of San Fran (so to avoid the queues which can be up to an hour or longer later in the day). They were really cool and the girls and I stood at the back so we could see the streets of the city including Lombard street (the crookedest street in the world).

We then headed to the airport and flew to Vegas by Virgin America. Even thought it is a domestic flight they suggest you get there 90-120 mins before due to all the security checks. We made it in plenty of time and even managed to head to the yoga room and the girls and I did our own little yoga session.

VEGAS!!!! Well it is everything you imagine but BIGGER!! It is soooo BUSY here unfortunately for us it is Labor Day long weekend so even busier than usual. The amount of people everywhere is a bit overwhelming I must say. We get to our hotel the Golden Nugget and head out to the pool (which is why we chose to do a night here) to hit the waterslide which goes down a tank filled with huge fish and sharks. Really cool the girls loved it. The clientele here ...well ask Dave and myself about that later should I just say many should not be wearing a bikini!! They also house the largest gold nugget found (near Laverton W. Australia).

We headed out later that night to see the Mirage Hotel which has an erupting volcano show and the Venetian which has canals and gondolas floating around. Viva Las Vegas.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb