San Francisco.....Bike Ride....


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I have no idea why I woke up at 5.00am but I did....it is what it is...right Jase!!!! Today was the day we go bike riding along the Golden Gate Bridge, this is going to be a big day. Stepped out of our hotel around 8.00, walked down to another little Diner called Max's & had breakfast it was good. Nice to have crispy bacon & eggs, but not so nice to get served up potatoes again, left these to the side, over the whole have fried up potatoes for breakfast.
Walked down to catch a Trolley Cart which would take us to Pier 39, where we would grab the bikes for the day & ride along the wharves. The bike company's name was Blazing Saddles, very well ran company. Got on the bikes & progressed along the paths which would take us to the Golden Gate Bridge. You could see it from Pier 39 & would just think, that is a long way to bike ride.....what are we thinking. But the ride along these pathways are very easy & you get to take in all the sights along the way. Got to the bridge & it is a massive structure, very majestic & beautiful overlooking the San Francisco Bay. Rode slowly along the brigde stopping to take as many photos as possible,the weather was sensational, cool breeze & sunshine. Little did we know that we all would get very sunburnt, as we never put sunscreen on ourselves.....what were we thinking ....we weren't. The bike ride took us all the way to another city called Sausalito, well not many people can say that they have ridden a bike from one city across a bridge into another city, very surreal. The whole bike ride took approximatley 3 hours & the distance to get to the Ferry Boat was 13 km. We wont be needing to hit the hotels gym tonight, have completed our exercise for the day.
Took the ferry across the bay pasted Alcatraz, we could not purcahse tickets to see this prison as it was prebooked for 5 days, so the bike ride was a good choice of sightseeing. Got back to Pier 39 around 3.00pm, well time for food, sat down at a nice little cafe which served up great seafood meals. Jase & I went for the hot, mud crabs washed down with really cold Coronas.......this was another delicious meal I have experienced while I have been away.Could not quite get through this massive crab in front of me but gave it a red hot go, Jase of course had eaten 3 meals in all, must have been all that exercise he was doing on the tandem bike with Will sitting at the front.
After our stomachs were full got a Trolley Cart back up to Market Street where we came from, this was a long day for everyone, been up since 5am & got to our hotel around 6.30pm, what a day. We got into our room & Becc & I just collasped onto the bed & slept for an hour or so. Then Jase woke us up so we could get ready to go back out to a few bars to see the night life & hear some live music in San Francisco. Feeling very tired right now but managed to get my dancing shoes on & my new top from New York & got back out into the streets around 9.30pm......
Went to the Mission District where it is all meant to be happening, got to our first bar & sat on these long lounges & just talked & talked & sipped our beers, taking in all our surroundings. Next stop was the bar across the road called "Blondies" this place was very dark & cool. The band was just starting their bracket of Blues music & this was something else, what fantastic talented musicians. All up there were 6 in teh band just jamming along to the sound of the music, very cool indeed. Becc & I just sat & listened & watched these amazing band memebers do there thing. Liked the lead Black Singer, his name was Mike, he certainly knew how to sing the blues. Well before they finished their bracket, I decided the get up on the dance floor & do the blues......yes me, myself & I were the only ones on the floor. Becc decided to just listen & watch, I just couldnt sit still any longer so had to applaud their music by dancing to it. They came over at the end of their bracket & spoke to us & talked about their music life, always good to talk to the locals.
Next stop had to get Becc some food on our way home.....well we went passed a Piano Bar & this place seemed to be jiving with patrons all singing & dancing....so sure enough we walked in & stayed all night until the last song was sung. The Piano man was fantastic, he played all great songs & here we were singing along with him around the piano, very cool experience. Also got up on the stools & danced when he sang " I come from a land downunder"............. Got to meet 3 girls from Ireland, they are meeeting Jase & I at the same bar tomorrow night at 9pm for another great night of singing & dancing, should be fun. Left around 3am & went to a little Diner on the corner for Becc to eat....I could not at this stage just needed to go to bed.....very tired but really happy about the things we did today.













Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



7th August 2009

It is what it is...
Nice, Mishman. Captured the days perfectly.
7th August 2009

Play the Blues.........
Good evening Ms Michelle, San Frans sounds my kind of town!!!!. Did you sat "Black Guy" how Black is Black???? Was he Blacker than Black.....Did he come in different Black? I love Black. Now this top you bought in New York, I hope you bought a size to fit all so we can all wear it? Can't wait to hear your next experience> Love Ya Lyn S
13th August 2009

Missing Chelle
Chelle, thank you for giving us the trip of a lifetime!We had so much fun and you were wonderful company. Already missing not seeing you every day xxxx

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb