Another day of Comic Con!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
July 24th 2011
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 32.7157, -117.162

We left the house at 5 am. Unfortunately, about 20 minutes down the freeway, I noticed that I was not wearing my glasses. While they are not necessary for driving, I need them for reading!! So after turning around, getting my glasses, we headed back to San Diego. The funny thing about the whole situation was that I bugged Naomi about making sure she had everything she needed! We got to park at the same location ($12), and we found a restaurant, Cafe Diem, to have breakfast. The resturaunt was taken over for the week by Comic Con by Syfy Channel. The prices must have went up too since an omlet breakfast was $15!!! We didnt have our badges so we were directed to get in line by section A. We got to section A and were told that the line went around the building. Not only did it go around the building, but down the backside of the convention, around the marina parking lot, and down along the marina!!!!! OMG I thought Thursday was bad! After about an hour the line moved back to section A, then to section B, then to C, then inside up the escalator and into a large hall to finally get our badge! Then since it was still too early to let us into the exhibitor hall, we stood in line again to wait. Naomi took off to go see if she can get a pre-registration ticket for next year. Unfortunately, they were sold out by 8:30 am. I walked around the exhibitor hall with Naomi and we found some t-shirts that we liked. We then headed off to attend the session, 25 years of Watchmen. Afterwards we headed to the restaurant where we met up with a friend of mine who was also attending Comic Con with his wife. His wife took off to the Gaslamp area to eat lunch with college friends, so he ate with us. Afterwards, I tried attending a Looney Toons session, but due to the amount of screaming babies and talking kids, I left after 15 minutes. I then headed to the session, Starship Smackdown. This is a panel of 5 people who have worked on creating star ships for syfi movies and tv shows. They picked 10 ships and the audience picked 10 ships to pair them up to discuss which ship would win in a battle. It was very entertaining and funny. Lots of jokes and puns. It went over the alloted time of 1 1/2 hours, but it was worth it. Naomi and I then met up in the exhibitor hall for the last 14 minutes of the convention. We headed out of town and then we dealt with 80 miles of bumper to bumper traffic. It seemed like all 130,000 attendees were leaving on the freeway! Needless to say, I had quite the headache when we got home. We grabbed a bite to eat and then headed off to bed. Tomorrow will be just a day of staying in pj's and hanging about the house.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb