Day 11 San Diego


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
February 4th 2013
Published: February 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Another beautiful morning in Escondido. Overcast initially turns into bright sunshine. Ducks are floating in the pond and waiting for handouts!



Bob attended the allegedly hilariously funny resort preview this morning. The only thing hilarious about it was how bad the event itself was. Coffee and pastries (of course early birds got there early and gobbled them up--seriously folks, they weren't even that good! Oh well, I left early and grabbed the refills that were intended for after the event. After 40", I had enough!



We ventured into San Diego for a GREAT MACY'S HOME FURNITURE STORE, with a great great selection and have narrowed down a couple possibilities.It's nice to sit on furniture before order, don't you think? Macy's will let you order, ship and setup and let you sit in it, and then if you don't like, send it back on the spot and you're never charged. Not quite as good as Costco, order it online, deliver, use it indefinitely then send it back for a refund.



The evening ended with a visit to Bertrands Music. John and Bob were college music mates and best friends. By way of a blind date, he introduced Barb and John, they dated and married within 6 months. John has built a very successful music store business. He helped us identify and order a cowbell, cymbal, sound block, and support strap for Susan's Washboard musical interest and maybe a Washboard itself. It is becoming actualized! Then out to dinner and a tour of their new home (still under renovation).



We're glad we have the navigation system as there are so many highways in the San Diego area. Phoenix is simple by comparison.



Until tomorrow.........


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb