Day 10-Happy Birthday Susan-Temecula Wine Country and Oceanside Dining


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Temecula
February 3rd 2013
Published: February 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The big day has arrived! Susan's birthday. It was a beautiful sunny day and warm, high of 73, almost felt like a heat wave had arrived! This morning the ducks came up to the patio from the pond (looking for food and the folks above us obliged with bread).Picture.

A special thank you to all family and friends who Skyped, email, texted and sent eCards with warm birthday greetings. That was special for Susan.

Fara made breakfast which was delicious. Then off to wine country we went. Our first stop was at Keyways Vineard winery. A beautiful setting and being Superbowl Sunday, delightfully uncrowded. This has a beautiful fireplace and seating area and is a favorite. Fara had a 2 for 1 so we sampled a variety of reds and whites before deciding to move on down the road.

Our next and finale winery for today was Danza del Sol. This really is our favorite for all of the beautiful patio and interior. Further people are willing to engage others in conversation. We had pleasant chats with two sets of wine lovers. The first couple are from Austin, Texas where he works heading up an enforcement unit for the Texas Attorney General's Office working on human trafficing. Delightful couple and his birthday was also today.The second couple were local and gave us a number of discount coupons for area wineries. The hours flew by as did the wine, and it was off to the shore for dinner (but not before catching a couple of horses awaiting their owners in the tasting shop.

The Beach House at Cardiff by Sea, CA was our dinner destination. We had lunch there last year during our Welk Resort stay and bought a Groupon today to use. The setting was lovely, ocean waved pounding the shore and many suffers trying to catch the waves and being pounded as well. Salmon was excellent, steak was not and restaurant was cold; otherwise stunning views.

Back to Resort with each going there own way. Susan to watch Downtown Abbey, Fara to do whatever Fara does and Bob to write the blog. A little retreat and separation is always good among adults.

Tomorrow will be another day, so stay tuned and think good thoughts.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb