SeaWorld


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
September 18th 2012
Published: September 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day two of themeparks, and we decided to head to San Deigo to go to Seaworld.

We left Anaheim at around 9am and arrived around 10.30am which we were very happy with as we were not sure what the traffic would be like.

We managed to see every single show, and take in all the rides including the new Manta roller coaster seven times (thanks very much kids!!!) which we forgot to photograph!

Queues at Seaworld really were not any problem at all and for the first time we felt we were seeing the impact of the recession on the local economy. Great for our ability to move around the park with ease, and eliminate wait times, but sad to see. Here's hoping it is only because we visited midweek and it is not school holidays over here.

Had a neat day. Great to see the killer whales (we got soaked!), and they also had a pet show where dogs, cats, pigs, ostrichs, kangaroos, birds and ducks performed tricks, which was very entertaining.

To be honest, when we reflected on our trip to SeaWorld on the Gold Coast, we decided that the Australian version was much better, as their animals were better trained. SeaWorld San Diego shows seemed to be more focused on the trainers and performing (or acting I suppose it was meant to be) with them dancing, singing and flying on trapezes dressed in fancy costumes, which we felt detracted from the animals and their peformance.

Even so, we still had a great time, and it was a more relaxing day after our busy day at Disneyland the day before.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0146s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023kb