Airports Woot!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
March 21st 2008
Published: March 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

So, we're sitting here in the San Diego airport waiting to go home. To make a long story short, weather was/is bad in Chicago, they put us on a new flight (but not all of us), so 4 people are headed to XNA and the other two are landing in Little Rock tonight. Hooray for free Wi-Fi. This is not a fun story though, so we'll talk about yesterday. In the morning we headed out to the University of California, San Diego. It was a large beautiful campus full of those who are lost. We walked around for several hours and prayed over the students, faculty, etc. They were during the middle of finals (they're on a weird trimesteresqe schedule) so they needed lots of prayer. We met a girl named Stephanie whom we talked to a while about the pains of educational bureaucracy and asked if we could pray for her. She said no, she was an atheist, so of course, as soon as we walked away we began to pray for her. We met up with Charity Elliot, the women's head basketball coach. She seemed glad to talk to a group of fellow Christians on a lost campus. If you remember, keep this campus in your prayers. For the afternoon we went to La Jolla beach and relaxed for a little while. We saw some seals, but they looked as tired as we felt. We decided it would be nice to head back to the hotel for swimming and naps. That evening we met up with Brad Graves and his family, Bryan Claypool, and David's sister Christina for dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. The food was delicious and filling and it provided the opportunity for great fellowship. This was followed up by a game of silent football and some much needed sleep. That takes us where we are no, still sitting in an airport, just praying to make it home eventually. I want to thank everyone for their prayers, and ask for continued prayers for this community. See you soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb