Beaches


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego » Pacific Beach
November 25th 2005
Published: November 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

One of the most interesting things to observe about Californian Beach culture is the way that so many people there watch religiously as the sun goes down on an evening. Admittedly the sunset on Pacific Beach is pretty cool and a really great sight to clap ones eyes on, but whats bizarre is the fact that when the sun finally goes down many of the people who are watching applaud the sun for doing so.

Then its as if they are expecting it to come up again for an encore (but it never does, which is surprising because you'd think the sun would want to give more to its audience.

Most of the days in San Diego have been spent on the beach, which is something that happens on many holidays, but this is unusual for me as i am one of those people who usually needs to always be doing something, but after a few days or so of being really unrelaxed i managed to relax into the whole thing and spending significant periods just hanging out on the beach proved to be nice. I manged to go swimming in the sea once, and as one of my other diary entries attests also went surfing.

We didn't really see the city of San Diego and its many sights, though we did go to sea world, which despite the apparently exploitative nature of many of its features, did prove an intersting diversion (i don't want to extoll the virtues of it too much though)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb