Magic Mountain


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Hollywood
November 28th 2005
Published: November 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

On Sunday we went to spend the day at six flags magic mountain, one of the worlds premier rollercoaster parks. Unlike most theme parks magic mountain is geared towards rollercoaster nuts, which is why it has about 20 of them. I'd wanted to go here since i knew i was coming to LA, so it was with great anticipation that we went there.

We arrived early and the first ride we went on was the Viper, a high speed turbulent rollercoaster with a quadruple loop and one which goes really high into the air. As we were getting on to it, i was a bit nervous and i told Elaine that i think we may be should have gone on one of the more sedate rides first. As it turned out though, we did, because the viper is very much one of magic mountains more sedate rollercaosters.

The two that really stand out was being totally extreme are firstly the X-coaster, a rollercoaster that goes backwards while you are sitting on a seat that is stretched out from the track and the seat itself spins in all directions while the ride is in flight (upside down, back to front etc.) all the while the ride ishurtling down the drops and loops as well. The second real standout was deja Vu, which was Elaine's favourite and i think mine too. On this one the track is above your head and it climbs vertical tracks where you can't see anything ecept the ground. It also has downward loops, something that i have never heard of any rollercoaster having before.

We must have been on 20 or so coasters during the day, ranging from coll rickety wooden coasters to the extremes of the X coaster.

I bought the photograph of me and Elaine on the X coaster, and if i had the means to scan i would put it here on this website.

It was well worth going to six flags magic mountain and i think every other theme park in the world will now pale in comparison for me.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb